To move your photos, contacts, and more from Android to iPad and iPhone
If you bought a new iPhone, here’s how to transfer all your Android data to iPhone. So you can start enjoying your new device now itself.
Moving your contacts, accounts, calendars, images from your old Android phone to tablet to your new iPad or iPhone is easier than ever with Apple’s Move to iOS app. Apple’s first Android app hooks your old Android and new Apple device together over a direct Wi-Fi connection. It also transfers over all your data.
By moving iOS app transfers a lot of your data, it doesn’t transfer your music, any of your passwords, apps as they’re not compatible. In addition to this, you can transfer data from an Android phone or tablet to an iPad or iPhone running iOS 9 or higher. The good news is that does include your brand new iPhone 6s, iPhone SE, or iPad Pro.
Free (Android only) – Download Now
How to move your data from Android to iPhone or iPad with Move to iOS
- Set up your iPad or iPhone until you reach the screen titled “Apps & Data”.
- Click “Move Data from Android” option.
- Open the Google Play Store and browse for Move to iOS on your Android tablet or phone.
- Open the Move to iOS app listing.
- Click Install
- Click to accept the permissions request.
- After it’s installed, click Open.
- Click Continue on both devices.
- Click Agree and then Next on the Android phone or tablet.
- Enter the 12-digit code displayed on the iPhone or iPad on your Android device.
After entering the code, the Android device will connect with your iPhone or iPad over a peer-to-peer Wi-Fi connection and determine what data will be transferred.
It will ask whether you want to transfer your Google Account info (so that you can quickly log in on your new Apple device), Chrome bookmarks, text messages, contacts, and the photos and videos in your camera roll. Select everything you want to move over.
Your tablet or Android phone transfers the selected data over to your iPad or iPhone. Place the appropriate content into the correct apps. The two devices will disconnect and Android will prompt you to take your old device to the Apple Store where they will recycle it for free. Even though if you could just sell it yourself through a service such as Gazelle.
Click on Continue Setting Up iPad or Continue Setting Up iPhone on your device after the transformation is completed. Carry on logging into your existing one or setting up a new Apple ID.
You will be prompted to log into the accounts you transferred from your old Android device after the setup process is completed.
How long the transfer process take varies depending on how much data you’re transferring. Especially if you were storing many videos and pictures. We transferred roughly 400MB of files and it took about 8 minutes from starting to set up our iPhone to enter account passwords.
Google has developed several apps that tie into their services to help you settle in with your new iPad and iPhone. This includes the full Google Docs suites and Google Drive, Gmail, Google Play Music, and more. You can even bring your old Android Wear watch to the iPhone if an Apple Watch isn’t your thing.
- Gmail (Free) – Download Now
- Google Docs (free) – Download Now
- Google Drive (free) – Download Now
- Google Calendar (free) – Download Now
- Google Sheets (free) – Download Now
- Google Maps (free) – Download Now
- Google Photos (free) – Download Now
- Google Play Music (Free) – Download Now
- YouTube (free) – Download Now
- Keep (free) – Download Now
- Hangouts (free) – Download Now
You May Also Like: How To Transfer iPhone Calendar to Android