Sync or Transfer iPhone Calendar to Android
Previously, it is a complicated process to Transfer files or apps between platforms. But, now the cloud and other tools made it easy to migrate.
Obviously, we can transfer from iOS to Android Calendar which is one of the main factors in mobile.
If you want to import your contacts manually it is a big process so you can do everything with the cloud which could be used in present technology. By using cloud you can transfer your contacts to Google calendars easily from any iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, go to Settings.
2. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
3. Select your Google account (if you have it on your phone; if not, add it).
4. Go to “Calendars” and switch the toggle on.
5. This will sync all your calendars automatically. Done!
Some people are unable to save their contacts directly to their iPhone instead they have to choose the iCloud. In that case, you can do the things manually, but it’s a simplified process.
1. Go to your iPhone’s Settings menu and select Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
2. Select Add Account and set-up or log in to your iCloud account.
3. Allow your iPhone to sync your local calendar files to iCloud.
4. Open www.icloud.com in your web browser and log in to your iCloud account.
5. Click the Calendar icon to open the Calendar interface.
6. On the left pane, click the Share Calendar button beside the calendar that you want to export.
7. In the popup balloon, tick “Public Calendar.” Copy the sharing URL that appears below it.
8. On a new Web browser tab or window, paste the copied URL.
in the URL to
and press the Enter key to open the address.
10. Your Web browser will download a file with random characters as a file name. This file is actually a copy of your iCloud Calendar entries.
11. Save the file to a convenient folder on your computer. For convenience, you may rename the file and add the
extension (e.g., calendar.ics).
12. Open and login to Google Calendar on your Web browser.
13. On the left pane of the Google Calendar interface, click the menu arrow at the right ofOther Calendars.
14. Select Import Calendar.
15. Select the exported calendar file that you downloaded from iCloud. You can also choose the destination Google calendar (if you have more than one) in the same dialog.
16. Click the Import button to upload the file. Once importing is finished, you should be able to see the imported entries in the Google Calendar web interface. The new entries will also be synced to your Android device.
It is an easy procedure to transfer all your data to your Google account. But, it is an only one-way affair. It won’t sync your iPhone and Android calendars. It means that if you add or remove entries in your iCloud Calendar, the change doesn’t reflect Google calendar until you go on with the export-import process again.
There are a number of apps that promise you to transfer your contacts easily between platforms. One of those apps is given below. So, let’s check it.
SmoothSync for Cloud Calendar app
The second method works perfectly if you are planning to completely abandon the world of iPhone and enter the world of Android. But, if you intend to use both iPhone and Android, you better have a way to sync calendars between your two phones.
To use the app, first set up your iCloud account on your iPhone and allow it to backup your calendar to the cloud.
After that, run SmoothSync on your Android device and login to your iCloud account within the app.
Then, select which iCloud calendars to sync to your Android device. Once the connection is active and properly setup, and for as long as iCloud remains active on your iPhone, any change that you make in your iPhone calendar will be automatically reflected on your Android device.
We are moving along with the present fast technology in which we are even unable to Transfer apps due to all the hassles and learning curves. But we have given you a simple procedure to learn. So read and make a trial with your iPhone.
You May Also Like:The Top 10 best free Apps for Android