Methods To Download Facebook Data
Facebook added a new button in the users account to download all the data as a zip file. It will have all the status messages, photos, videos, events and everything that the user has been uploaded. To download all your Facebook contacts, follow the steps given below:
- Open your Facebook profile
- Go to Account settings at the top right corner.
- Under that open the Account settings.
- You will find ‘Download a copy’ on it, click that. Then it will ask you to download your contacts, respond to that.
- It will take some time to gather all your data. It may be from 1 to 2 hours.
- After that, the Facebook team will send you a hyperlink to your email, open that and enter your password, and it will start downloading.
- The file will be downloaded as a zip file.
But if the user wants to download the photos uploaded by their friends, Facebook phonebook, email address of friends. The zip file does not contain the photos of you that are uploaded by your friends.
Here there are some tricks to view the things that are not in the zip file. Using that download,
- The photos of you that are uploaded by the other people
- Friends Email Addresses
The photos of you that are uploaded by the other people:
The Facebook provide the option of downloading the photos that had been uploaded by you, but it does not provide the option of uploading the photos of you that are uploaded by your friends. The app Fotobounce is a wonderful app that lets you download all the images that you were tagged in by a click.
The app Fotobounce is available for both Windows and Mac.
Friends Email Addresses:
The important thing that we miss in the downloaded file is the email address of our friends. Without your friend’s email addresses, you cannot invite them for another social network, which you have joined.
The social networking site, Facebook does give a facility to export the contacts, but without breaking the Facebook rules, you can use a simple trick to get all the email addresses. Open your Yahoo email and connect with your Facebook account.
- Open the contacts on your Yahoo email,
- Next click the import, and select Facebook to import the contacts on it.
- Enter the email address and password of your Facebook and it will start importing.
After the completion, if you want to export it to any of your files means, choose ‘Tools’ in your Yahoo email page, and select Export and choose the program that you want, it will start to export.