How To Prepare Appam Recipe
Appam is prepared by coconut milk with fermented rice batter. It is one of the famous south indian dish for breakfast. It is mostly prepared in Kerala.
|Cooking Time||10 – 15 minutes|
|1||Short grain rice, soaked||1 cup|
|2||Cooked rice||½ cup|
|3||Scraped coconut||½ cup|
- Appam Kadai.
- Take the rice, drain and grain it with ¼ cup of water to make a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Now take one cup of water and soak the bread slices for a little while. Take away the bread slices, and squeeze it remove to remove the excess water.
- Now grind the cooked rice, bread and coconut with 1/8 cup of water to make a fine paste.
- Now add the two pastes and mix it well. Cover the bowl and keep it in a warm place overnight for fermentation.
- Take Appam Chetti (Appam Kadai) and heat it.
- Clean it with cloth having a little amount of oil.
- Now add some water to the paste and add some salt and stir it well.
- Pour some water into the Appam Kadai to test whether the pan is ready. Now pour a spoon of paste in it and rotate it to spread all around.
- The excess batter should compile at the center and the edges should be thin. Now cover the Kadai till the edge of the Appam becomes crispy and red, the center remains soft.
- Spray some oil around the edges of Appam and gently take out. Serve it hot.
- Take Coconut milk or some chutney or Sambar as a side dish. Serve it hot…