HIDE A DRIVE IN WINDOWS EXPLORER USING NODRIVE MANAGER
If the user wants to hide any of the disk drives inside windows explorer, then there is a tool called “nodrive manager”. It is a simple and easy tool to hide a drive. The drives can be hidden by modifying the registry. The hidden drives can be accessible at any time. But they are not visible in the Windows Explorer.
PLATFORMS ON WHICH NODRIVE WORKS
No drive works on different platforms like Windows XP, Windows XP x64 Edition , Windows vista (works with both 32 and 64 bit processors), Windows7(32 and 64 bits), also works on windows server 2003. The current version of nodrive manager is NEW (1.2.0).
STEPS TO HIDE DRIVES
Here are the steps which show how to hide drives:
- Install nodrive in your system.
- Open NoDrive Manager and select the drive(s) that you want to hide (say c: or z 🙂 in windows explorer.
- Now save the changes that you made to Windows explorer.
- When you restart your computer, the selected drives will no longer visible in windows explorer.
- This technique can also be used for hiding CD or DVD drives attached to your system.
The following picture demonstrates how a drive is hidden in windows explorer:
- Now the window is with 4 drives.
- After selecting the drive to be hided in nodrives manager , the window looks like :
If the user wants to toggle the visibility of the hidden drives, then just open NoDrives manager again and deselect the hidden drives and save the changes again. After restarting, the changes will be applied to windows explorer.