Green Chilli Chicken Curry Recipe
Green Chilli Chicken Curry is effortless and simple chicken curry that is very tasty, made with green chilly and a bunch of greens. An excellent side dish for bhatura, plain rice, roti/Indian flatbread or even in just plain bread.
Mint leaves, coriander leaves and green chillies are the roots for this curry and yogurt also as it makes the chicken tender and juicy. Finally, butter gives more flavor to the chicken. A very sophisticated curry with a variation.
A simple and quick green chicken curry.
1. Chicken : 500 gms.
2. Pepper powder : 1 tsp.
3. Garam masala : 1 tsp.
4. Turmeric powder : A big fat pinch.
5. Salt : In required amount.
To grind (green paste):
1. Coriander leaves : 1 bunch.
2. Mint leaves : 1/2 bunch.
3. Curry leaves : 2 sprigs.
4. Green chillies : 10-15 (if you need you can reduce or decrease according to your taste).
5. Onion : 1 chopped.
6. Ginger : 2 1 inch piece.
7. Garlic : 1 pod.
1. Onion : 1 chopped.
2. Butter : 1 tbsp.
3. Curry leaves : 1 sprig.
4. Curd : 1/2 cup
- Combine all the ingredients for crushing and make the green paste.
- Crush it to a coarse paste.
- Rub the chicken with pepper powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Add the chicken into a pan, add the green paste and mix it well. Let it sit for about 10 minutes and then cook it covered till the chicken are tender and nicely cooked.
- In an iron Kadai or a non-stick pan, heat 1 tbsp butter. Yes, you heard me right, its good old butter for this curry, still if you are wary of butter use half and a half (oil-butter).
- Additional to this, the chopped onions and curry leaves. You need not brown the onions just lightly sauteing them is enough.
- Add the cooked green chicken into this and mix well and then add the half cup curd.
- And mix well allow it to stir for some time and let the curry becomes a bit dry.
- Serve with biryani.
- Enjoy eating Green Chilli Chicken curry in biryani.
- Serve with roti.
- Serve with rice.
You May Also Like : How To Prepare Delicious And Spicy Pepper Chicken