How to play Pokémon Go?
Pokémon Go is now available to download in the UK, making the country the fifth place worldwide where the wildly popular augmented reality game is officially available.
The international release of the mobile game that lets users catch Pokémon in real life had been delayed following an unexpectedly high volume of downloads in the US, Australia and New Zealand which caused it to crash.
Just over a week after its release in Australia and New Zealand it has finally launched in the UK. Germany was the first European country to get the game earlier this week.
Niantic, a Google startup that became independent in 2015 and created Pokémon Go with Nintendo, is attempting to bolster its server’s capacity. At peak times, some users have received an error message saying “Our servers are experiencing issues. Please come back later”, when they tried opening the game.
As of Wednesday, a total of about 1,300 Pokémon Go users had reported problems accessing the game in Australia over the last two days, according to Aussie Outages, which tracks digital service disruptions.
An update to the iOS version of the app, designed to help fix numerous issues including the server outages, apparently locked users registered with a Pokemon Trainer Club account out of the game.
In spite of numerous controversies, the game is making an estimated $1.6 million (£1.2 million) a day from iPhone users in the US alone, and Nintendo’s shares have rocketed by almost 50 per cent in the last week. It now has more users than Tinder and searches on Google for Pokémon Go have outstripped those for “porn”.
Features of Pokémon Go :
Release date : 2016
- Platform: iPhone and Android
- Players: Single or multiplayer
- Price: Free to play (enhancements via in-app purchases)
Pokémon Go is an augmented reality game, that challenges users to find and catch Pokémon characters in their real world surroundings.
As it explains on the official Pokémon website: “As you move around, your smartphone will vibrate to let you know you’re near a Pokémon. Once you’ve encountered a Pokémon, take aim on your smartphone’s touch screen and throw a Poké Ball to catch it. Be careful when you try to catch it, or it might run away!”
As the Pokémon slogan goes, you ‘Gotta catch ‘em all!’
How to get Pokémon Go
Pokemon Go: The craze taking over the world
If you have downloaded an APK version of the app on Android or used a US account to get it on iOS you should reinstall it from the UK stores so that you get automatic updates when logged in to your main iCloud account. To do this you need to:
- Delete the Pokémon Go app you currently have
- Make sure you’re logged in to the right app store account and your region is set to the UK. Do this by going to Settings -> General -> Language and Region
- Redownload the game and log in using the Google or Pokémon Trainer Club account that you registered with before. This will ensure that all your data is stored.Pokémon Go is already wildly popular and the thousands of downloads of the game have sent Nintendo’s shares soaring. However, there has been some unintended irregular to the success of the game that encourages users to walk towards it by collecting Pokémon.
Four savvy armed robbers in the US lured unsuspecting players to a remote car park to rob them, while in another incident the US player stumbled across a dead body. Australian police also felt the need to warn users to make sure they look up from their phones when playing Pokémon Go crossroads. If you want to download click here…
You May Also Like : Best Things in Chromebook – Android Apps