Microsoft OneDrive – Cloud File Hosting Service for files & photos
OneDrive which is officially called as Microsoft OneDrive and previously known as SkyDrive, is an online file hosting service provider which is mainly used for hosting user files and folders. The hosted files can be viewed in any of the devices like computers, Smart phones, tablets etc…For new users, OneDrive offers a free storage of 7GB. And for students, it offers an additional 3GB storage for free.
INTEGRATION WITH EMAIL AND SOCIAL NETWORKS.
OneDrive is officially integrated with Outlook.com which is greatly useful for employees who work for the same concern. The employees can directly upload the office documents , photos with Outlook.com which stores it in SkyDrive. So that the users can share it with other users.
Also OneDrive is integrated with social networks like facebook, linkedln and Twitter. This will allow the user to share their files, documents, photos from SkyDrive to social networks
RECYCLE BIN-AN ADVANCED FEATURE OF SKYDRIVE
The main feature of OneDrive is “Recycle bin”. If any file is deleted in OneDrive, it will store the deleted content in its recycle bin. If needed, the user can undo the action, and the deleted content will then be automatically saved to the original folder from Recycle Bin.
The entire folders in OneDrive can be viewed and downloaded as a single .Zip file. The downloading limit is 4GB for single download.
OneDrive File Hosting Service also offers some storage plans.
- OneDrive +20 is having additional storage capacity of 20GB.
- OneDrive +50 is having additional storage capacity of 50GB.
- OneDrive +100 is having additional storage capacity of 100GB
To Know about OneDrive Current Offers and other Storage Plans you go to this link
OneDrive supports 94 languages and the languages include:
HOW TO INSTALL ONEDRIVE?
Here are the steps which shows how to install OneDrive
- Go to the OneDrive website and select an option” Download the desktop apps”.
- Now OneDrive will be downloaded in the downloads folder. Select OneDrive and click on run option.
- Now select “getstarted” in OneDrive’s welcome screen.
- Then login with your Microsoft account.
- Now cloud hard disk will be installed on your computer. Then select next button.
- Now select the check box” let me use OneDrive to fetch files on this pc” and select the done button.
- Now OneDrive is installed in your system.
The main disadvantages of OneDrive are the absence of main features like document permission and password protected files.