Video Chat on Facebook
Are you willing to take your Facebook chatting experience to the next level? By using either the Messenger app or the Facebook website you can video chat on Facebook with your friends and relatives for free. Video chatting doesn’t need any additional software on concord only a few browsers are supported if you’re chatting from your computer.
Method1 : Using Messenger on your Mobile Device
1. Open a conversation with the person you want to video chat with : You cannot currently start a video chat with a group. Make sure to open a conversation with a single person.
2. Tap the video chat button at the top of the conversation: This will start calling the other person.
- The other person doesn’t receive video calls if the button is grayed out or not there at that time.
3. Wait for the other person to pick up : The recipient will get the notification that they are getting a video call. They will be able to answer using the Facebook website or Messenger and a webcam.
4. Press the camera swap button to switch between the front and rear cameras: During the video chat to the switch click this button then it displays what the camera Messenger shows.
Method2 :Using the Facebook Website
1. Connect a webcam to your computer (if necessary): Unless your computer is not connected to the webcam, you will need to install one before you have to video chat.
2. Open the Chat menu on the Facebook website: To open the Chat menu, tap the chat menu in the lower-right corner, if it is not already opened.
- You will need to use Firefox, Chrome or Opera. Video calling is not supported in Safari, Internet Explorer or Edge.
3. Select the person you want to video chat with: You can select the people those are in the list that you commonly chat or you can search through all of your friends by just typing the name into the field that is situated at the bottom of the list.
- At present Facebook only supports the chats with a single person at a time. In the future, Group video chats may be added.
4. Tap the video chat button: The button seems just like a silhouette of a video camera. A new window will appear for the video chat.
- If you are not able to tap the video chat button, the recipient is not able to receive video calls.
5. Allow Facebook to access your webcam: The process for this will be varying depending on the browser you are using. Generally, you will need to tap “Allow” or “Share” to allow Facebook to access your webcam.
6. Wait for the other person to pick up: The recipient will receive notification either through the Messenger app or on their Facebook website that depends on their online status. If they choose to answer, your video chat will begin.
You May Also Like : How to make selected friends in facebook to know your Location – Facebook Places