CHANGING THE IP ADDRESS MANUALLY
In this fast moving world, we use internet for many purposes. Keeping our self secure and maintaining our data privacy is more important. For all these purposes changing our IP address is more important. Here are the steps which say how to change ip address manually.
STEPS FOR CHANGING IP ADDRESS
Here are the steps for changing the IP address manually,
- Select “start” menu, and then open the run command.
- In the run window, type “command” or “cmd” and click enter key.
- Now an MSDOS prompt screen will be displayed in the screen.
- Type “ipconfig/release” in the window and select enter.
- Now leave the command prompt by typing “exit”.
- Now move on to “network places”, which is present at the desktop screen.
- Right click on “network places” and then select “properties” options.
- Now a screen with the available connections titled as ”local area connection” or something similar to that will appear.
- Right click on “local area connection” and then select properties from that.
- Under the “general tab” select “internet protocol(TCP/IP)”.
- Now you can create your own IP address. It can also be any random numbers.
- Now press tab.
- Now the default numbers will be automatically filled in the “subnet mask” section.
- Select ok.
- Now you will be again taken to “local area connection” screen.
- Right click on it and select properties.
- Again go back to settings(TCP/IP).
- Select “obtain an IP address automatically” option and then select “ok” option
- Now you will be provided with the new IP address.
- The settings that you made so far will change your Dynamic address only. Your ISP/IP address will not be changed.