Which Finger Types Which Keys
As shown in the below picture, your left-hand fingers on keyboard must be placed on the A,S,D, and F keys and your right-hand fingers should be placed on the J,K,L and ; keys. These keys are known as home row keys . Your thumbs should lightly touch on the spacebar or else keep it in the air.
Which fingers press each key on the keyboard
In the below table, we showed the home row keys in the top blue bar and each of the keys that presses, keys near them and thumb(spacebar) presses. As seen in this table, both pinkies, mainly the right-hand pinky, are liable for the most keys which are on the keyboard.
The remaining keyboard keys which are not listed in the above are not necessary to assign particular finger for pressing them. In the place of that, you can use whatever you want or most comfortable keys which are easy to you.
Why the Palms Be Raised While Typing?
When typing , Your palms should be lifted up and not resting on any surface, as well as a wrist pad, and held at 10 to 30-degree angle. Increasing or decreasing your wrists too much in either direction or resting them when typing can create stress to you and it may lead to carpel tunnel.
When keeping your palms raised while typing , there is also another tip to follow so that you can prevent carpal tunnel and pain when typing. Keep the below suggestions in mind when you type.
• The home row height of your keyboard should be close to the elbow.
• Keep spacebar in middle with your body.
• Should not bend or angle wrists. While typing keeps your wrist prominent and straight.
• Avoid hunt and peck typing because it causes strain on the neck if you look the keyboard down repeatedly.
• Do not use more force to press the keys.
• When you are not writing confirm that your hands and arms need to reset and also don’t reset your arms wrist and hands on a sharp edge.
• Take a break for every 20-30 minutes. If you don’t know when to take a break set alarm drink more water that will force you to go to the bathroom frequently.
These tips may useful to many people who are using the system and they might know how to use fingers on the keyboard after reading this.