Healthy Sugar Cookies
The healthy sugar cookies can be prepared easily. They are so delicious that anyone will finish it in a single sitting without any break. Since butter is used in the preparation, they are extremely soft. There is a substitution for sugar for those who don’t like to add sugar to the recipe.
Although this recipe adds only a little quantity of sugar. And wow! they are cholesterol-free cookies. This only will tempt us to have these cookies in one attempt. And mainly remember that these are healthy too.
Do you wish to know how to prepare this recipe? Don’t worry thinking that this recipe consumes a lot of time and money. It’s so simple and the ingredients, too, are easily available. Let’s get into the recipe starting with the needed ingredients.
- Whole wheat pastry or all-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
- white sugar, or sucanat, coconut sugar, or evaporated cane juice (you can use xylitol for a sugar-free version)
- Pure vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
- Milk (choice) – 1 and 1/2 tablespoons
- Butter-type spread, such as Earth Balance – 1/4 cup
- Take a bowl and put all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Keep this aside.
- Now, melt the butter in a skillet, add to it vanilla and milk and stir well.
- Mix together the dry ingredients ( that was kept aside) and wet ingredients and mix the dough well.
- Take the dough in small balls like shape and roll them one-by-one.
- Now press the rolls and use a cookie cutter to make the cookie in whatever shapes you want. If you wish the cookies be soft, you’ll have to get the dough very cold before cutting them. So roll them into balls and keep them in the refrigerator until they become cold.
- Preheat the oven in 325F and cook them for 9 minutes. They will look uncooked while taking out, but that’s the way they should be.
- Let the cookies to cool for 5 minutes after taking out from the oven. Healthy sugar cookies are ready!
These Healthy sugar cookies can be stored for at least four days when kept in a lidded plastic container. Enjoy your evening with these cookies watching TV. As a general rule, you should store soft cookies in plastic containers and crispy cookies in glass ones.
You May Also Like: How to Prepare Cancer Fighting Cherry Berry Smoothie