Tips to keep your Emails Safe
Adam K Levin, founder of the Credit.com and Identity Theft 911, provided 11 steps to keep your emails safe from hackers
Now-a-days emails are the most vulnerable things to be hacked, follow the below 11 steps to keep your email safe,
- A person should not check their emails in an unsafe network like an internet cafe, library and also in any other business, it may be infected with malware to steal the user passwords.
- As soon as the work is over, the user have to log off their emails, when they are staying signed up, the hacker can easily gain the immediate access.
- Should not repeat the email login name and its password.
- Delete the old-emails properly, if not they may contain the account usernames, passwords, addresses, financial data, contact information for all pals, and other sensitive information. It will be hacked easily.
- Don’t believe the fake emails like, the email that assures a loan or credit card with a guaranteed sum of money at a low interest rate. Be aware about that emails, it is a scam. Because nobody will provide the credit without checking one’s credit report.
- The user could not open the seemingly ambiguous emails from their pals because the ambiguous emails send by the Cyber criminals often seems to be a message from the pals and when the user opens those emails, personal details will be hacked through that.
- In Asia and Europe, Cyber criminals use this technique to clear out the user accounts, when the user performs wire transfer.
- The user should be aware of the emails from a bank or a company. They will ask the user to verify their account information; it may be from Cyber criminals. The institute that handles the money or other packages will not contact a person through emails and they will not confirm the personal details through emails.
- The scams in emails involving sending money to people that the user have never met.
- g: “Wall Street Insider” providing the hot investments tip or a foreign company which needs the users to pay.
- The Cyber criminals may send the emails, which makes the user to think that their credit has been stolen and the user should be aware of those emails.
- The Cyber criminals may also make the requests of collecting funds.
- For e.g, after the Hurricane Sandy and the giant tornado in Oklahoma, the Cyber criminals used this trick. They request donations for the relief efforts.
- And at last, the user should not open the emails, that having too good message to be true travel deals.