Prevent Your Laptop From Overheating
Generally, a laptop gets overheated when it is operated for a long time. And this happens mainly when its placing is incorrect. This will block the fan on the bottom of the laptop which leads to hard drive failure. There are some methods to prevent your laptop from overheating. You can use the following methods to get rid of laptop overheating.
- This is one of the best and easy methods to keep your laptop cool. Put a small book or an item under your computer’s battery while sitting on a desk. Place the book so that it’s not blocking the fan hole on the bottom. This will slightly tilt your laptop which allows a lot more air to flow under the laptop. And also the laptop will be kept significantly cooler.
- If a book doesn’t do perfect, you can even try sticking four sockets from an egg tray on each corner of your laptop. You can use sticky tape, masking tape or even hook and loop tape (for flexible design) to stick them.
2. Keeping the laptop cool:
There are some ways to keep your laptop cool. They are
- A cooling mat can be placed under the laptop so that it’ll help to an extent to prevent your laptop from overheating. Thermaltake, Xion, Targus are some of the brands that are easily available in the computer stores. If you can’t afford cooling mat or it’s not available, you can use some alternatives that are hard and allows airflow.
- A wooden cutting board, tray table, plastic casing can help you out instead of cooling mat. There are some things you should never do while working on your laptop. You should not place it on a pillow, sofa, quilt or on a carpet. These will reduce the airflow and produces heat inside the device.
- Risers and computer stands that have ventilation prevents your laptop from overheating.
- Keeping the laptop in a cool or air-conditioned area will prevent your laptop from overheating. This will keep your device always cool.
- A heat sink is one the better ways to prevent your laptop from overheating. A steel flat bar can be used as an external heat sink. This will only work if there is a metal case in your laptop.
3. PC’s Settings:
- Overclocking your laptop will produce more heat than usual. If you overheat your laptop, you have to underclock it, so that it will make your computer lag.
- Lowering the maximum processor states will work for only Windows. You might be able to do this on Mac but Windows is easier. For this, you need to follow a few steps. First, tap on the battery and click on more power option. Click on change plan settings and change for the one you use, then click Advanced power settings. Click processor power management and from the drop-down, select maximum processor states. Set both, on battery and plugged in, to around 80%.
All the above ways will help you prevent your laptop from overheating. Try any of them and keep your laptop cool all the time which will result in good hard drive and battery life of the device.