Fix your Computer that Keep Waking Up
Whenever you put your desktop PC to sleep, in no time flat it was awake again. A small research proved that this is not a rare problem and can have numerous possible sources, sometimes the reason behind this is Malware infections but more frequently it is some device that is waking the machine up and that was the case for you. In this tip, I will illustrate several settings in your system that may conserve waking up your PC. This is all for Windows Vista/7. You will usually need administrator privileges to create the system that prevents keep Computer Waking up.
Stop the mouse from waking up the PC
Sometimes wireless mice can wake up the PC. In truth, there is a definite setting to allow this. If you have problem with the mouse, there is one procedure to change the settings given below:
- Go to start menu and type mouse in the Search bar.
- Below the control panel list, hit Mouse or simply press Enter in Vista.
- In the dialog box that opens and select Hardware
- Highlight the entrance for your mouse and hit the button Properties.
- A fresh dialog will open. Hit the button Change settings.
- In the new dialog box that opens, click Power Management
- Remove the check in Allow this device to wake the computer.
- Hit OK and close the dialog.
In windows 8.1/10 the mouse properties dialog is same like this. The procedure to access the mouse settings are given below:
- Right-click on Start button.
- Select Control Panel from the context menu.
- Enter mouse in the Control Panel search box.
- In the list that opens, click Mouse.
- The mouse dialog box will open.
- Repeat the same as mentioned above from step 3 on.
Stop a network card from waking up the PC
From a little research I know that a network card is the more often source of wake-up problems and that was the reason of my personal computer never staying asleep. Here is how to organize a network card:
- There are many ways to open Device Manager, but the easiest and the rapid way is enter dev in the Start search bar and hit Device Manager.
- Expand the list for Network adapters.
- Right-click the adapter to be organised and select Properties. There may be numerous adapters for Ethernet and for wireless and one is for Bluetooth.
- Click the tab Power Management in the dialog that opens.
- Remove the check by Allow this device to wake the computer.
- Click OK and close Device Manager
Device Manager Remainder the same in Windows 8.1/10. Here few points to access it:
- Right-click the start button.
- Select Device Manager in the context menu.
- Repeat as mentioned above from step 2 on.
This is all about how to fix keep Computer Waking up and hope it will be helpful for you.
Drop your comments on this article to add more stories on this.
You May Also Like: How to Manage Computer through An iphone