Delete your Yahoo mail account
Personal information just like emails, names, dates of birth, telephone numbers, encrypted passwords and ‘unencrypted security questions and answers’ were taken back in 2014 but the hack has only been made public now.
Yahoo said that Credit card details were not taken. The FBI is investigating the claims, which if verified will be the biggest breach in history.
Yahoo advises those with a Yahoo account to change their password. Especially if they have not done so since 2014.
On concord, many will be wanting to go further than that and delete their Yahoo accounts entirely. Here are the five easy steps to Delete your Yahoo mail account.
How to delete your Yahoo account
1) Sign in to your account
- Obviously you will need to follow the steps to get a new one, if you forgot your password.
2) Go to the ‘account termination’ link
- Click the ‘Help‘ link at the bottom-right corner of the page to find this.
- Click on the ‘My Account‘ link at the bottom of that help page.
- Select ‘Register or delete account’ on the ‘My Account‘ page.
- Click ‘closing your Yahoo account‘
- Then click into the ‘account termination’ link from here.
3) re-enter login details
- You will need to enter your login details again.
- This is to conform someone else closing your account for you if you unintentionally left your email open on another computer.
4) Account notification termination
- Deleting your Yahoo account will also take away your access to all.
- Yahoo services including Flickr, Yahoo Mail, contacts and others.
- Obviously conform you unsubscribe from any paid services before deleting your account.
- Otherwise you could still be charged.
5) Re-enter your password
- You need to make sure that you want to delete the account.
- By re-entering your password after reading the account notification termination page.
- You will also need to fill out the CAPTCHA to prove you’re a human.
- Click yes to delete the account.
- It is worth noting that Yahoo will keep your details on file for another 90 days.
- The deletion process cannot be reversed.
You May Also Like : Yahoo Admits That Its Employees Discovered Hack In 2014