How to restore your iPhone or iPad or iPod from a backup
Restore your device from an iCloud backup
- The devices may be iPhone or iPad or iPod. Firstly, turn on your device. You should see a Hello screen. You need to erase all of its content before you can use these steps to restore from your backup if you already set up your device.
- Until you reach the Apps & Data screen follow the onscreen setup steps, then click Restore from iCloud Backup.
- With your Apple ID, sign in to iCloud.
- Choose a backup. Look at the size and date of each and pick the most relevant. The transfer starts after you choose. To update if a message says that a newer version of iOS is required follow the onscreen steps. If you don’t see onscreen steps to help you update.
- Sign in to your Apple ID account with restore the apps and purchases when asked. You’ll be asked to sign in to each If you’ve purchased iTunes or App Store content using multiple Apple IDs. You can tap Skip this Step and sign in later if you can’t remember your password.
- Stay connected and wait for a progress bar to appear and complete. The progress bar might need a few minutes to an hour to complete depending on the size of the backup and the network speed. The progress will pause until you reconnect if you disconnect from Wi-Fi too soon.
- Now you can finish setup and enjoy your device. Content like your photos, music, apps and other information continues to restore in the background for the next several hours or days. This depends on the amount of information. Try to connect often to Wi-Fi and power to let the process complete.
Restore your device from an iTunes backup
- Open iTunes on the PC or Mac that you used to back up your device.
- Plug-in your device to your computer with a USB cable. If you forgot your passcode, follow the onscreen steps, if a message asks to Trust this Computer or for your device passcode.
- Select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when it appears in iTunes. In iTunes, if your device doesn’t appear.
- If a message says that your iOS device’s software is too old. Select Restore Backup in iTunes.
- Look at the size and date of each backup and pick the most relevant.
- Tap Restore and wait for the restore time to finish. Enter the password for your encrypted backup, if asked.
You can disconnect after the sync finishes. Keep your device connected after it restarts and waits for it to sync with your computer.
You May Also Like: How to Clean my iPhone? – iMyfone Umate Pro Review