iPhone Secret Codes
If you wonder what exactly are secret codes? Well, there are some USSD codes that bring about some info at the time you dial them from your smartphone. Android mobiles come with their own set of secret codes on concord every different smartphone comes with its own set of codes. Those codes are derived by their manufacturer. And thus, it’s a tough task keeping a track of those codes. On the other hand, there are a handful of cool iPhone secret codes that work universally on all iPhones.
Are you Curious about that ? Don’t be because! Here are 8 cool secret iPhone codes that you must know:
1. Field Test Mode
This secret code on the phone triggers the Field Test Mode that provides you a many more technical details around your network. That is not all though as you can also use this code on your iPhone for getting a more granular look at your network’s signal strength. The bars are a good way to view signal strength on concord if you want to know the exact strength. You can use this code to view signal strength in decibels. So, here is how to do it?
- Firstly you should enter the code in your iPhone’s dialer.
- Hit the call button.
- You will be moved to the Field Test page. whereas there you will find various networks details.
- Then, just press hold on the Power/Lock button unless you get the “Slide to turn off” option.
- Once you are on the power off screen, just press hold the home button then the bars replaced with the network will be displayed to you and also the strength in decibels.
- Once if it is done, then wait for 20-30 seconds for the network to settle down.
- Then you can take a note of your signal strength.
- In case the number is above -80 (-70,-60..), then the signal strength is near to get full.
- If it is below -110 (-120,130..) , the network has pretty weak signal.
It’s important to note that the signal strength will vary depending on if you are connected to a 3G or 4G network.
To disable the decibels and get back the usual network bars on your iPhone. You can open Field Test page again with the secret code and click on the top-left edge which says “Phone” or you can simply press the home button once.
2. Hide Caller ID
Code: *31#mobile number
- If you have a carrier unlocked iPhone or a carrier that supports hiding your caller ID.
- You can use this secret code to present your caller ID as “Unknown” or “No Caller ID”.
- All you need to do is use the code that works in your country.
- Add the mobile number you want to call anonymously and press dial.
Here is the list of the codes that work in different countries:
|Albania||#31# (cell phones)|
|Germany||*31# or #31#|
|North America||#31# or *67|
|Netherlands||*31* or #31#|
|South Korea||*23 or *23#|
|The United Kingdom||141|
We tried the code to mask our caller ID on concord it failed to work for us. So, we will give you a suggestion that is to keep your expectations low.
3. Check SMS center
- Every text message that is sent from your mobile first goes to a server or SMS center number.
- It then sends it to the number you send it to.
- If you have been facing a few problems regarding SMS, it’s best to check the SMS center number and you can use this secret code to do exactly that.
- You can just enter the code in the iPhone’s dialer and press “call”.
4. Call Waiting
Code: *#43# (Check Status), *43# (Enable Call Waiting), #43# (Disable Call Waiting)
- As you might have guessed, this iPhone secret code easily lets you check the status of Call Waiting and enable or disable it with ease.
- If you just can’t seem to find the options just like Call Waiting in your iPhone, this should come in handy.
5. Call Barring
Code: *#33# (Check status), *33*pin# (Enable Call Barring), #33*pin# (Call Barring)
- Call Barring lets you block all incoming or outgoing calls on your phone.
- If you want to check its status or enable/disable it on your iPhone.
- You can use this code.
- The “pin” this is the SIM Pin, as this is the lock on your SIM card.
- You can enable it in iPhone Settings->Phone->SIM PIN.
6. Call Forwarding
Code: *#21# (Check Status), *21# (Enable or Disable Call Forwarding), *21mobilenumber# (Divert Calls to this Number)
- Don’t want to be disturbed by a phone call while you watch your favorite sports team fight it out?
- Well for people those are unaware, Call Forwarding is a feature that lets you divert incoming calls to your other number.
- Or even a voicemail.
- And you can use these secret codes to check its status on your phone.
- Or to enable it and divert calls to another number.
7. Calling Line Presentation
- If the recipient of your calls is not able to display your mobile number, there might be a problem with your number’s Calling Line Presentation.
- In that case, you can use this code to check that Call Line Presentation is enabled or disabled.
- Chances are, you already knew about this code, didn’t you?
- For people those are unaware, all phones come with their unique identification number.
- And you can use this USSD code to check it on almost any phone.
- For more details on IMEI and its use, you can check out our detailed article on the same.
Like the Cool iPhone Secret Codes?
So, these were some of the cool secret iPhone codes that you can use. You will find a number of other codes for the iPhone across the web on concord we can assure you that they don’t really perform tasks as they claim to. We tried out the aforementioned codes and they work. So, try them out on your iPhone and let us know if you find them helpful.
You May Also Like : The Best iPhone and iOS tips, tricks and shortcuts you didn’t know