iPhone Secret Codes
If you wonder what exactly are secret codes? Well, there are some USSD codes that bring about some info at the time you dial them from your smartphone. Android mobiles come with their own set of secret codes on concord every different smartphone comes with its own set of codes. Those codes are derived by their manufacturer. And thus, it’s a tough task keeping a track of those codes. On the other hand, there are a handful of cool iPhone secret codes that work universally on all iPhones.
Are you Curious about that ? Don’t be because! Here are 8 cool secret iPhone codes that you must know:
1. Field Test Mode
This secret code on the phone triggers the Field Test Mode that provides you a many more technical details around your network. That is not all though as you can also use this code on your iPhone for getting a more granular look at your network’s signal strength. The bars are a good way to view signal strength on concord if you want to know the exact strength. You can use this code to view signal strength in decibels. So, here is how to do it?
- Firstly you should enter the code in your iPhone’s dialer.
- Hit the call button.
- You will be moved to the Field Test page. whereas there you will find various networks details.
- Then, just press hold on the Power/Lock button unless you get the “Slide to turn off” option.
- Once you are on the power off screen, just press hold the home button then the bars replaced with the network will be displayed to you and also the strength in decibels.
- Once if it is done, then wait for 20-30 seconds for the network to settle down.
- Then you can take a note of your signal strength.
- In case the number is above -80 (-70,-60..), then the signal strength is near to get full.
- If it is below -110 (-120,130..) , the network has pretty weak signal.
It’s important to note that the signal strength will vary depending on if you are connected to a 3G or 4G network.
To disable the decibels and get back the usual network bars on your iPhone. You can open Field Test page again with the secret code and click on the top-left edge which says “Phone” or you can simply press the home button once.
2. Hide Caller ID
Code: *31#mobile number
- If you have a carrier unlocked iPhone or a carrier that supports hiding your caller ID.
- You can use this secret code to present your caller ID as “Unknown” or “No Caller ID”.
- All you need to do is use the code that works in your country.
- Add the mobile number you want to call anonymously and press dial.
Here is the list of the codes that work in different countries:
|Albania||#31# (cell phones)|
|Germany||*31# or #31#|
|North America||#31# or *67|
|Netherlands||*31* or #31#|
|South Korea||*23 or *23#|
|The United Kingdom||141|
We tried the code to mask our caller ID on concord it failed to work for us. So, we will give you a suggestion that is to keep your expectations low.