Trick To Eat Less
Most of us like to have soup at night times for dinner. When it is completely filled up with all the correct ingredients in a right quantity, everyone will like to eat. More than this, it should be served warm. One of the tricks that make us eat less is to include all the 6 tastes (sweet, sour, bitter, salty, pungent and astringent) in a food item. And the Coconut Split Pea Soup simply results in the same taste.
In Ayurvedic Medicine, they teach that all 6 tastes should be eaten at every meal for us to feel fully satisfied. This ensures that all major food groups and nutrients are represented in this meal.
Are you trying to eat less or lose weight? But when you see a delicious dish, your mouth starts watering. And so you try to break your diet control. Don’t worry! Coconut Split Pea Soup will help you out from this problem of tempting yourself. Also, you will lose your weight as this will help you eat less.
Here, I had explained the process of preparing Coconut Split Pea Soup. It takes an hour to make this recipe.
- Yellow split peas – 2 cups
- Water – 8 cups
- Medium carrots diced – 2
- Minced ginger – 2 tablespoons
- Curry powder – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut oil or ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Green onions (scallions), thinly sliced (divided in half) – 8
- Currants (or raisins) – ⅓ cup
- Tomato paste – ⅓ cup
- organic coconut milk – 1 14-ounce can
- Sea salt – 2 teaspoons
- Chopped Cilantro – one small handful
- Soak split peas overnight
- Rinse split peas until the water runs clear,
- Slightly toast curry powder in a dry pan until it is fragrant
- Take a crockpot and put the split peas and add to it, water, carrots, ginger, toasted curry powder, coconut oil, 4 green onions sliced, currants, tomato paste and salt
- Now, let the soup cook in crockpot on high flame for at least 4-6 hours
- After the soup is cooked, add coconut milk and cook for another 30 mins
- sprinkle green onions and cilantro on the soup. That’s it! Soup is ready to taste.
If you are wondering more about the healing Ayurvedic way of eating, you can refer to it as you build your recipes to make sure you are creating a very satisfying meal. If you are trying to reduce cravings or the feeling of being unfulfilled after your daily meals, incorporating the 6 tastes might just work. The benefit of this method is you will likely end up eating less than you would have before.
Hope this trick will help you eat less and as a result to lose your weight.
You May Also Like: Healthy Foods for Pregnancy