Save Windows Spotlight lock screen images
A unique feature Windows 10 brings to the table with Windows Spotlight. This feature lets you set your lock screen on your tablet or PC to auto-rotate through a preselected group of photos picked by Microsoft. You can give a thumbs up or down at the top of the right-hand corner if you liked it such as Pandora. It goes off if you give it thumbs. Nevertheless, a thumbs up to produce similar images on the next run.
Spotlight produces the images that tend to be awe-inspiring. This means you may want to save them on occasion for later use that includes on your mobile. Where, unfortunately, Spotlight has yet to arrive. This includes windows spotlight download.
How to save Spotlight images
Probably, as you can figure, Spotlight images are cached on your local PC and hidden in a particular folder. Windows 10 wallpaper download is also done. They are given awful names such as ‘8d71495e43fa1c6887a8840aa45…’ On concord, that’s a different battle. How to find, copy and save them for later use is explained here.
- To launch theRun dialog prompt hold down down your Windows key plus R [Win + R].
- Your best bet is to copy and paste: Hit OK by entering the following command. The best option is to copy and paste it.
- In File Explorer with non-specific file names, a folder will be opened.
- In a new folder Copy and paste the files preferably something under This PC -> Pictures -> Spotlight as a permanent location or under OneDrive so you can have them everywhere.
Note: When you go to copy the files you will see a warning prompt, simply tap OK to the warning.
- All the files should be renamed with the JPG extension. You could do this in a batch command or one by one. Here is how to do the latter:
- Click Shift + Right-click with your mouse in the directory where you copied the images. Select Open command window here and type in or simply copy and paste it.
Ren *.* *.jpg
This renames all the files with a JPG extension.
Note: Few files are cached junk. They won’t be actual images from Spotlight.
- Filter and clean up
Few images won’t be images at all. So delete all the files you do not want (use Ctrl + Left-click on the mouse to multi-select files). The images also support desktop backgrounds windows.
Bonus: Some of the images are also vertical. You may want to copy and paste them into a different folder for the vertical images as you can use them for your smartphone’s Start or windows 10 lock screen download.
You may notice that you only have so many images available as it depends on how many Spotlight images were produced on your PC. You may want to re-run this tutorial every couple of weeks or on different PCs if you have them to recoup even more photos.
You May Also Like: How To Change The Login Screen Background In MacOS